Weekly Buzz – 04/28/18
It’s been a fun week so far! Let’s keep the ball rolling onto next week!
Behind the Curtain
We have made our first steps toward fixing the ‘spinning wheel of death’ that appears during the release of a new item. This process hasn’t been completely installed yet, as we realize that the changes we have made are negatively impacting normal play. As we work through optimizing various API calls, we will continue issuing items. No need to email us about experiencing slowness during a drop, as that’s to be expected at the moment. We hope to begin testing item releases using the new way of creating items sometime next week. Until then, have a great weekend, and best of luck during the next few drops. If you missed the last blog post about this, you can read up on it here.
Development continues on 2.2.5, with some bug fixes and the beginnings to promises made long, long ago. There hasn’t been much development on this feature yet, but it can be traced back to October 2013 as the date of origin. More to think on here for you all, but we’re excited to see this coming together.
On a personal note, Kelsey and I would like to sincerely thank everyone who helped us announce the sex of our soon-to-be daughter! How many people can say they’ve done a gender reveal through an online game? To my knowledge, not many. We appreciate all the kind words from the community. I will respond to messages soon. It’s been very hectic, as one might think. To clear any confusion with the announcement, she has not been born yet – her due date is in September.
Recent Item Highlights
Player Unique Spotlight
With more and more Player Uniques coming out, we want to spend a respectable amount of time learning more about them. Our Player Unique Spotlight this week highlighted The Disc-Integrater. You can read more about this unique here.
This Week In WallaBee History | April 23rd – 29th
April 25th, 2014: Espresso Machine released as not only the first item in WallaBucks, but also the first set item created by artist Robbie Smith. Also on this day, the Wolwocks House Cup (2014) winners were announced. You’re welcome.
April 23rd, 2017: April’s Earth Day released to celebrate this huge, blue marble we all call home. Remember to recycle (your items)!
Room For Growth
We have compiled a list of issues that we are currently working on. If you find something that doesn’t fit into this list, please reach out to us and let us know.
- Battery drains like crazy
- Under investigation.
- Forum Notifications/Count are missing
- Coming in a future update.
- General slowness
- Under investigation. Ram Issue.
- Layout Issue (Android Specific) – Entering the app through a push notification, from a landscape-based app, makes the layout freakout.
- Random Crashes (especially on older devices)
- We have discovered that the ram needed for the app fluctuates way more than it should, sometimes peaking over 1gb, which can cause older devices to crash. We are investigating what is causing this, so that we can enhance app performance.
- Store Item and Icon don’t match during drop
- Under investigation. At the moment, there is a chance that the previous item image will linger, even though the item has updated to the next one in line (viewable by the honeycomb price and set icon).
- Store purchases hang up for a long time
- Under investigation. We’re so sorry for those effected by this issue… which should be everyone during a drop. Other times, it runs like a champ.
- Unresponsive Buttons
- Under investigation.
Any additional questions, comments, concerns? Email: email@example.com